Syllabus PJC Year-1
This is the foundation of Vedic astrology where the teachings of the sage Parāśara are explained in scientific detail. The principles involved in each śloka must be understood to ensure a strong foundation. Dṛṣṭi (aspects) are all derived and are not random.
- The highlight of this year is the initiation into the sacred mantra of Maharṣi Parāśara. Those who have attended the contact course have benefited by the initiation. Others can consider seeking a private audience for the initiation with the Jyotiṣa Guru.
- How do planets in the 12th bhāva encourage keeping pets, especially lagneśa? Because they aspect the 6th bhāva by the kāma dṛṣṭi (7th house aspect).
- Did you know that all planets aspect the trines or have special aspects like the outer planets – Mars, Jupiter and Saturn? How do we derive some significations using the special aspects of these planets? All this is taught in the first year.
PJC Year-1 syllabus covers the first 28 chapters of Bṛhat Parāśara Horā Śāstra (BPHS) in eleven topics called ‘Category’. However, we have an epilogue called Śubhārambha meaning ‘Auspicious Beginnings’ and a prologue called Prakīrṇa (Miscellaneous) where we touch upon topics not covered by the remaining eleven core BPHS topics.
Each of these topic based categories is quite detailed with a number of lessons, audio and video presentations. Śubhārambha itself has ten lessons to start with, as an example.
|Sṛṣṭi: Creation||1. The Creation|
|Graha: Planets||3. Planetary Characters & Description|
|Rāśi: Vedic Signs||4. Zodiacal Signs|
5. Planetary Positions in Signs
|Dṛṣṭi: Aspect||9. Aspects of the signs|
28. Planetary Aspects
|Upagraha: Secondary Planets||26. Effects of Non-Luminous Bodies|
|Bhāva: Houses||13. Judgments of houses|
14. Effects of the 1st house
15. Effects of the 2nd house
16. Effects of the 3rd house
17. Effects of the 4th house
18. Effects of the 5th house
19. Effects of the 6th house
20. Effects of the 7th house
21. Effects of the 8th house
22. Effects of the 9th house
23. Effects of the 10th house
24. Effects of the 11th house
25. Effects of the 12th house
27. Effects of the bhāva lords
|Viśeṣa Lagna||6. Special Ascendants|
|Sūtikā: Birth||10. Birth Circumstances|
|Ariṣṭa Bhaṅga||11. Evils at birth|
12. Antidotes for evils
|Avatāra: Incarnations||2. Incarnations of Viṣṇu|